You know you're a yankee if . . . - courtesy of Lane Gold and the
You know you are a YANKEE if...
1) You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
2) You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!
3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"
4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.
5) You don't know what a moon pie is.
6) You've never had grain alcohol.
7) You've never, ever, eaten Okra.
8) You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
9) You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen
are on road trips.
10) You have no idea what a polecat is.
11) Whenever someone tells an off-color joke about farm animals, it
goes over your head.
12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a
13) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six
14) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of
the same prep school in Connecticut.
15) You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to
get his own TV fishing show.
16) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call
them "you guys," even if both of them are women.
17) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent.
18) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-and-
19) You think more money should go to important scientific research
at your university than to pay the salary of the head football
20) You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the
21) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed
22) You call binoculars opera glasses.
23) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the
side of the road and stopping.
24) You would never wear pink or an applique sweatshirt.
25) You don't know what applique is.
26) You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e. Joe Bob, Billy
Bob, Kay Bob, Bob Bob)
27) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make
28) You've never been to a craft show.
29) You get freaked out when people you don't know smile at you or
talk to you.
30) None of your fur coats are homemade.